Capacity Development's Feasibility Wishlist
(This is what you should WISH for - no site will have all these characteristics)
- Location - excellent visibility, easy accessibility, high traffic
- Land - high, level, cleared, no wetlands or toxic waste; inexpensive.
- Improvements -sewer, water, telephone and electricity to site.
- Zoning - self storage with residence permitted, realistic fire code,
appearance allowing some door visibility from street.
- Access - secondary streets dedicated, appropriate curb cuts approved,
no interfering right-of-ways.
- Population - large residential population within 3 to 5 miles, middle
class, majority of families owning 2 or more vehicles and commuting more
than 20 minutes to work.
- Dwellings -Several large apatment complexes within 1 mile of property,
one or more trailer parks within same radius.
- Convenience - storage site located on the same main artery that serves
the mall (just down the street). Grocery store, post office, junior high
school and video store located immediately across the street.
- Competition - only one competitive storage facility within 5 miles. This
competitor is full with a waiting list and has high rental rates. Because
of zoning and/or land availability, no other self storage facilities can
be built within the 5 mile market area.
- Market area - population increasing, new housing developments being
built, new businesses opening and relocating to area, population's income
- Commerical Area - Business parks, office buildings and shopping areas
nearby are completely occupied at high rent. Business need for economical
Get an Expert's Opinion
Choosing the right site is the single
most critical decision when developing a self storage project.
Building and phasing the right size development with a proper
unit mix is also highly important.
The correct pricing of individual units will aid absorption
and help you to compete in the market.
All of our feasibility reports include site specific recommendations on
site, size, mix and pricing as well as 7 other key criteria.
We have 20 years of self storage industry experience
and hundreds of satisfied self storage feasibility clients. All work is
confidential. Basic reports can be upgraded to include financial proformas
and/or Banker Reports.
If you are considering buying an existing self storage project, we also
analyze currently operating facilities to identify the present market, potential
for growth, the project's deferred maintenance and business value.
For a detailed list of research options and costs, contact us at
e-mail at IdeaCache.com.
Main Page About CDC CDC Products Thought Starters
Self Storage Resources Internet Marketing
Contact CDC Order
Capacity Development Corporation
751 Marion Avenue, Highland Park, Illinois 60035
Phone: 847/433-7510 Email: email@example.com
An Essential Presence Web Site